Pages

08 July 2011

Bali and Galungan

I am actually little bit hesitant talking about Bali here. Because almost all people know about this island so well. But, who cares? who know there's a reader here ever been yet come there? 

A year a go I went to Bali with Jasmine. We stayed at Hotel Sanur Paradise. This hotel is close to Sanur Beach. From the hotel you only walk about 500 yard to Sanur Beach. The hotel is so exciting. They have swimming pool with a typical Balinese architecture. 


We just spent 3 days in Bali. When I was there, Balinese people was celebrating Galungan. I have a little silly story about that day: when I arrived and along the road I saw a lot of Penjor (Java culture we call "Janur Kuning". Usually it is used for a marriage sign. Put in front of a house). Suddenly I shout: "wow..so many people is marrying today, isn't it?", then the driver (he is from Bali) laughed and said: "No, mam.. there is not a marriage. Today is Galungan, you know?"

Exciting looked at people with traditional gown to Pura. Women brought bouquet, while men wore white clothes plus sarong and a headband.  


When I was in Bali, we only went to Kuta Beach, Khrisna, and Sanur Beach. Actually a couple years ago me and family had been to Bali, but Jasmine was not born yet. We took a package tour. They arranged our programms like this: First day to Bedugul, Tanah Lot, Uluwatu temple, Second day to Garuda Wisnu Kencana and Tanjung Benoa, etc. We never thought about where we had to having lunch or dinner. Everything arranged by Tour guide. So, I think better using Tour guide with a package tour in Bali, right?


Jasmine and her babysitter in back yard hotel



our sillhouete in Kuta beach



in Kuta beach

No comments:

Post a Comment