Pages

25 January 2012

The Thousand Island with a thousand charms


I planned this journey since a couple years ago, but It could have implemented in the end of last year, exactly on 25 to 26 December 2011. What a surprise that finally we could go to the Thousand Island. My kids were so happy that they would be a vacation with their cousins. They didn’t stop asking who would be going? how long would we stay? Where islands would we visit? Etc. Silent kids! so many questions and I couldn’t answer all of its, coz I was busy with my stuffs! 

We went on Sunday morning at 08.30 a.m from Marina Ancol.  The fact was not only me and my family were going to the Thousand Island, but there were many groups also. Whether they were a family or friends or a couple.  When I looked around, I realized that my group had lots of luggage. Hehe…as if we would go for a week!  Kids, specially girls didn’t wanna standing beside the luggage! They felt a shame! Haha.. me? I didn’t care! As usual, I took it easy. I opened my luggage and took some meals. Waiting was a boring time, and it made me hungry!

We chartered a medium speed boat which has capacity for 25 passengers. My family was 22 persons, so it was enough, right? It had taken time for 40 minutes into Pulau TIdung. This was the first island we visited. This island is enough crowded. The island have lots of water sports, such as banana boat, cano, and sailing. There was a bridge into Pulau Tidung Kecil. The bridge is made from woods. Some has fragile and holes. We should be careful, because under this bridge was many ‘Bulu Babi’. Owh..It was not be danger or deathly, but it could make us scratchy! Yak..

When we arrived, it was raining. Seems we choose a wrong time coming here. Weather was not being friendly! Sometimes, it was cloudy or rainy, changed so fast. But we tried to enjoy our days. We still enjoyed our times for swimming, snorkeling and playing sandbars in the beach of Pulau Semak Daun.

We stayed at a local home in Pulau Pramuka. This home is cheap enough. We paid more or less IDR 450.000 includes breakfast. It has 2 bed rooms, 2 bath rooms, 1 living room, and 1 dining room, located in front of port. There was not a good facility for water sport in this island! But this island is the capital regional of Kepulauan Seribu. There are the hospital, tourism center, mangrove area, police center, excludes water sport. It was because the quality of water is not good for those sport. The water is still green but not as good as in Pulau Semak Daun or Pulau Tidung. Basically, Pulau Pramuka only provides a home, hostel or hotel for tourist.

When we would go back to Marina Ancol, we also passed by Pulau Onrust, Pulau Kayangan, Pulau Bidadari and Pulau Kelor. Three are called at the front, have a freaky story, especially Pulau Onrust. There is a building used as a hospital!  I had curious willing enter that building! But my family didn’t permit me! They wanted to leave this island as soon as possible! That was kind a suck, right? Other island that I like is Pulau Kelor! There is a little castle. This island only have that castle, not else!  

Here some pictures, enjoys!

our luggage ! 
long road to Pulau TIdung Kecil
water sport in Pulau Tidung
Yassin on the bridge of Pulau Tidung
Yasmin in front of local home in Pulau Pramuka
wood bridge into Pulau Tidung Kecil
before snorkeling 
white sand in Pulau Semak Daun
a castle in Pulau Kelor



2 comments:

  1. sangat menyenangkan y bisa liburan bersaama keluarga di pulau seribu..

    thank dah dishare

    ReplyDelete
  2. bersama keluarga selalu menyenangkan!

    ReplyDelete